Friday, July 24, 2020

Personal Update: Life gets in the way

I don't mean to disappear. I'm not trying to be inconsistent with writing and updates, but then 2 weeks goes by, and a month passes, then it's been a few months... and the guilt builds up with every week that I don't publish a post. I have blog entries that are started, but not finished, but it's been so long that I don't connect with the subject anymore - and it's no longer a "recent" update anyway. (sigh)

Happy Planner (photo of cover - taken in store)
The Happy Planner
(photo 
taken of product in store)

There are usually 3 main reasons that updates don't happen for me...
  1. I get really busy - Between commitments and work, and trying to throw my time and energy into projects, I just don't give myself time to get my thoughts written down.
  2. I'm dealing with Anxiety/Depression - Sometimes I have a bad week, and it's hard to just get thru to the other side. I don't want to post about feeling alone and heartbroken, or overwhelmed to the point of tears and rage. It's not that I'm embarrassed, it just ends up feeling like a "cry for pity" to share when I'm going thru that. It feels like high school drama, and no one wants to be my friend.
  3. Family Stuff - As much as *I* prefer to be an open book, my family isn't necessarily that way. I don't want to share information that would make them uncomfortable or upset. So when things get busy with family, I usually don't have too much to share myself.

I hope you understand. I don't know that anyone is consistently reading this blog anyway (given how consistent I've been at updating), but if you are, then there it is. That's my explanation of what's been going on behind the scenes for me... going forward I plan to be better. And I'm already making steps to get there.

Since about a week ago I have been scheduling time to write and catch up on projects for myself. I know that probably seems like a really basic thing, but I've gotten out of practice with pre-scheduling my time. It's been really great to come home from work and actually accomplish a little something each day, and the results are stacking. I'm feeling more and more on top of things. 

Next up on my list is this blog - and since I have the next week off (in celebration of our wedding anniversary) I plan to set my schedule for the next 10 days and write a little each day.

*** *** *** *** ***

Beyond updates, if you're reading this - I hope that YOUR summer is going well.

It feels weird to be at the end of July already, doesn't it? I don't have any kids, and I'm not teaching music right now, so the whole "returning school year" isn't registering within my seasonal inner clock. And with the pandemic going on this year, it doesn't feel like we've had very much summer... Yes, the kids have been home since mid-late March, but somehow it only feels like June to me. It seems like we should have another month yet to go. I don't know, maybe that's just me?

Either way, we're in this together. And hopefully you've found some peace amidst the chaos. I personally find the "return to home" to be refreshing - people are gardening, spending more time together as a family, doing projects at home - it's not all sunshine and rainbows, but I am grateful for the chance to focus in on our own homes.

Okay, that's my Friday update... Planning a post for early next week! My husband and I have been working on our kitchen and closets, and I have so much to share! 
Have a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts: