Sunday, July 28, 2019

Personal Update: Family Weekend

This weekend has been especially busy for us. After working all week, we got together for a Family Game Night at my parents. We stayed up way later than I'm used to, and on Saturday we slept in till noon. 

In the afternoon we drove out to a neighboring city's Pro-Minor League Baseball Field, where I was set to sing the  National Anthem before the game.


My husband, family, and a handful of friends attended the game. After I sang, we stayed for the rest of the game. We were out fairly late, but it was an evening game. 


Then today, Sunday, my parents had a gathering at the local city park for family (and friends) to visit with my brother and his family before they leave the country in August.

Quick background: 
My brothers and I grew up in Southeastern Michigan. Both my brothers are older and studied language in the Military, afterward my oldest brother got a degree in Slavic Studies. He went on to attend programs in St Petersburg, Russia, where he met his wife. 
My other (middle) brother met his wife in Windsor, Canada, where they performed in a musical together. He now lives in Canada with his family. I am still in the states, about 10 miles from my parents. Our older brother comes in to visit when he can, usually about every three years. My other brother is able to visit more often.

So after I worked a short shift, my husband and I walked over to the park, which is not too far from our house. We had a nice visit, and a good sprinkling of rain. And after a few hours we left to claim the remainder of our Sunday evening.



As you can imagine, I haven't had a whole lot of time to work on my cleaning projects with such a busy weekend, but I thought I would share what was going on with you. I will update with our progress soon!

I hope everyone who reads this is also having a wonderful summer - building memories, taking photos, and spending time away from social media when you can. Have a good evening (or morning!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts: