Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Best Laid Plans... Weekly Update No.1


This was one of those weeks... a lot of interference, unplanned extras, and old habits creeping in. We got thru. And I do believe things got better as the week went on, but as for my wardrobe - that project remains at the forefront of my focus.

We started the week by rehoming our foster kitten, a bittersweet event, and I added an impromptu job interview into the middle of my day. Having taken some time off from work to celebrate our anniversary, my husband and I both struggled to fall back into a decent sleep schedule. It wasn't the busiest week I've ever dealt with, but it was less productive than I had hoped.

Project 333 445 Update:
I started by tackling my "unders" collection this weekend: throwing out anything torn, wrong sized, or ill-fitting. After sorting, I washed my selected underwear collection and all of my tanktops. Next on the list is my huge collection of socks, stockings, slippers, and which bras I plan to keep. I've separated my everyday wear from my lingerie collection, because those are not really intended for daily/weekly use.

Today (Tuesday afternoon), I've been seeking out pairs of socks to wash. Once everything is clean I will cut those back to approximately 3-weeks worth (sorting out the Christmas & speciality stockings from the bunch). The plan is to wrap up this project today and sort everything into its proper drawer.

Spending Ban Update:
Small setbacks this week made it less than perfect. We did spend some money on food, and that was a direct result of not having gotten groceries. We started Saturday with some bagels from Tim Hortons and finished Sunday with a partially paid for meal from Coney Island (I say partial because my mother-in-law gave us some funds for helping her with a project, and it covered most of the meal cost. But we also purchased food because the project took up the time we had planned to cook dinner that evening). Last week I began tracking my food intake again, and this week I added "meal planning" back in, so I believe that will help us avoid this in the future.

***    ***    ***

So it wasn't a perfect week, but as a Recovering Perfectionist, I'll take what steps I can toward improvement. Each week I have stacking goals for decluttering and dietary health, and while it would be awesome to say that I accomplished everything, I would rather build solid habits than simply conquer a problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts: